Notes - Build Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC 2011.Q1.315
Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC is a excellent library of ASP.NET MVC client modules with GPLv2 license open source.
I found that the lastest source, 2011.Q1.315, which downloaded from CodePlex needs extra effort for building it successfully and here is the my walkthrough:
- Download the source code, telerikaspnetmvc-64617.zip, from CodePlex, unzip and open Telerik.Mvc.sln with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate SP1.
- Change the build configuration of 4 projects in the solution to "Debug MVC3" then build. I got the folllowing error while building Telerik.Web.Mvc project:
The "MergeFiles" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319" directory. X:\Source\Telerik\ASP.NET MVC Extension\2011.Q1.315\Source\Telerik.Web.Mvc\Telerik.Web.Mvc.csproj 1409 5 Telerik.Web.Mvc
- Accroding to the hint in error message, open Telerik.Web.Mvc.csproj with text editor and check settings near line 1409:
<!-- Reference the YUI CompressorTask -->
<UsingTask TaskName="CompressorTask" AssemblyFile="Build\Yahoo.Yui.Compressor.dll" />
<UsingTask TaskName="MergeFiles" AssemblyFile="Build\Telerik.MSBuildTasks.dll" />
<UsingTask TaskName="Replace" AssemblyFile="Build\Telerik.MSBuildTasks.dll" />
<UsingTask TaskName="GetVersion" AssemblyFile="Build\GetVersion.dll" />
Nothing under Build folder of Telerik.Web.Mvc project, so the zip file must miss some files.
- Copy Yahoo.Yui.Compressor.dll, Tererik.MSBuildTasks.dll GetVersion.dll from \2010.Q2.825\Source\Telerik.Web.Mvc\Build to \2011.Q1.315\Source\Telerik.Web.Mvc\Build.
- Telerik.Web.Mvc is compiled successfully now, but not does Telerik.Web.Mvc.Tests project. References to xunit.dll and Moq.dll is broken because there is no Reference folder at all, there are missing files again.
- The xunit.dll and Moq.dll in 2010.Q2.825\Source\Reference don't seem to fit the version requirement of unit test project, so I download the DLL from http://xunit.codeplex.com/releases and http://code.google.com/p/moq/downloads/list (please choose Moq.3.5.716, Telerik.Web.Mvc.Tests needs some modification to fit Moq.4.0)
- The whole solution can be built successfully now.
Be the first to post a comment